Saturday 19 November 2011

Do you enjoy learning English?

Read the following sentences and notice the different patterns:

1-I enjoy playing basketball. I enjoy to play basketball.
2-I enjoy reading very much.. I enjoy very much reading.
3-I really enjoy his company. I really enjoy with his company.
4-Thanks for a great evening. I really enjoyed it. I really enjoyed.
5-I enjoyed myself at the party. I enjoyed at the party.
6-Enjoy yourself! Did you enjoy yourselves at the concert?

The basic rule is that ENJOY is a transitive verb, so it requires an object. This object can be a noun/pronoun or a reflexive pronoun (myself, yourself, himself, etc.). Listen to this for more details.

[The only time when you can use ENJOY without an object, is in the informal expression, always in the  imperative, Enjoy!, which means "Que aproveche"  o "Que lo disfrutes".]


No comments:

Post a Comment