Tuesday 10 April 2012

Conditionals

Listen and read:


1A- If I finish my homework before 8, I’ll go out with my friends. (Si acabo… saldré…)
1B-I’ll go out with my friends if I finish my homework before 8. (Saldré… si acabo…)

2A-If I finished my homework before 8, I would go out with my friends. (Si acabara…saldría…)
2B-I would go out with my friends if I finished my homework before 8. (Saldría… si acabara…)

3A-If I would have more money, I’d buy you a present.
3B- Si tendría más dinero, te haría un regalo.


Da igual poner primero la subordinada o la principal:
IF-present + imperative

If you see her, tell her to phone me.
Tell her to phone me if you see her.
IF-present + WILL in the  main clause
(lo veo como probable o posible sin complicaciones)
If I see her, I’ll give her your message.
I’ll give her your message if I see her.
IF-past + WOULD in the main clause
(improbable)
If I found €100, I’d buy a new mobile.
I’d buy a new mobile if I found €100.
(irreal en la actualidad)
If I knew the answer, I’d tell you.
I’d tell you if I knew the answer.

4A- They’d stay in Spain if they found a job.
4B- My brother would move to Germany if he found a job there.

5A- If I were a rich man,…                 
5B- If I were you, I’d tell no-one.

"Si yo fuera rico, ay dubi dubi dubi dubi dubi dubi dubi da...":


No comments:

Post a Comment